Sunday, January 15, 2012

rewind...

It's nice to see you again.

Since it's the new year I've obviously been out of my over-active mind thinking about how my life as a young professional (ha), student actually working towards a degree (5 years later) and girlfriend/friend/good family member all fits into my life now.

As I read through my initial posts here, my aspirations to be a red headed housewife on an Oklahoma ranch with a Marlboro Man, 4 punks and an iced coffee addiction were clear. Those posts were entertaining, to me at least, but I'm not that great of a cook and I never do it anymore. For instance, today I'm making pigs in a blanket and frozen egg rolls. Who would want a blog post on that? I could blog about the size of my hips and back fat increasing after consuming these delicious treats, which I'm sure someone would be interested in, but I'm just not ready to bare my soul like that on the internet. Not even for my number one reader (mom).

I also noticed that I spent a great amount of those posts on Oklahoma. Don't get me wrong, I love where I'm from, but why was I so obsessed with the hillybilly-ness of the state? It's a known fact that I'm the least country girl in Oklahoma and I don't even know a lot about the state. I should know more about my great home state, but have I mentioned how wonderful Wisconsin is? I should, because being here for the last  years has really changed my life (cheesy, I know).

So, this blog will now be more of a place that I can rant, complain, be confused, excited and manic. I'm not going to tell anyone that I've updated it, so it'll act as more of a journal than a blog. A little less Anne Frank, a little more Clarissa Explains it All.

I'm off to wrap tiny pigs in little fluffy blankets of crescent rolls and drown their sorry asses in a grainy mustard dipping sauce. Who is even playing today anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment